Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Recommended

Thanksgiving
 
Thank You
  for all my hands can hold--
   apples red,
    and melons gold,
     yellow corn
       both ripe and sweet,
         peas and beans
          so good to eat!

Thank You
 for all my eyes can see--
  lovely sunlight,
   field and tree,
    white cloud-boats
     in sea-deep sky,
      soaring bird
       and butterfly.

Thank You
 for all my ears can hear--
  birds' song echoing
   far and near,
    songs of little
     stream, big sea,
      cricket, bullfrog,
        duck and bee!

--by Ivy O Eastwick

5 comments:

  1. Thank you
    for walnut coffee cake
    And other food
    Only you can make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who was Ivy thanking for all this bounty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah-Love it!
    CP--Funny, that's the exact question my husband posed--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously I took another route on the gratitude front, but I like the wedge effect of the type.

    I hope your doing ok. I have a feeling you may still be in the dark.

    ReplyDelete