Friday, November 4, 2011

Pumpking Cravings


 Our dining companions, clearly more sophisticated than us, for we scanned right past it on the menu, ordered it.  Out came the oven-toasted flatbread, covered with slivers of cooked pumpkin, feta cheese, prosciutto, arugula and a scattering of toasted pumpkin seeds. The pumpkin was tender and slightly sweet, a terrific foil for the bitterness of the greens and the crunch of the seeds.  An evening of good wine, food and friends, but even now all I can think about is that unexpectedly delicious flat bread.

10 comments:

  1. My Vegan on Arroyo Parkway has a dish that includes stir-fryed pumpkin. It's really good. I'm all about the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sounds like you had fun.

    I Like My Vegan - not just cuz it's mine either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My Vegan" it used to be an ok mediterranean restaurant. Passed by on a recent walk and found it very crowded. Must be good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin's kinda surprising, have you had it in ravioli? Something, again, I would never have ordered, but a friend made it. Spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum. Might one use goat cheese instead of feta?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looove Pumpkin ravioli with sage. I used to get it at a place in Studio City that's long gone and haven't found any that's as good. My Vegan sounds like a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P, PA and CP--Sounds like My Vegan's the ticket--WC: Sounds great to me--P: When you find a spot let me know. M: to my sweet tooth friend-- start your day with pumpkin The Little Flower way: caramel pumpkin bread pudding. Who could resist?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll leave you to the pumpkin. I just got fresh mussels at the farmer's market and that will tide me over until mid-November when it's CRAB SEASON!

    ReplyDelete