Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Overheard

"Oh, you're a vegan?  Guess what I don't have: a smug sense of superiority."


Hmm, a tad on the defensive? I recall going away to college where everyone was a vegetarian.  Clearly, I was inadequate.  Later surrounded by kosher people.  Clearly, I was unclean.  Food choices as identity markers, we've all been there.  I'm stepping out now, to pick up a slice of pumpkin bread pudding slathered in a salt caramel sauce.  That should tell you all you need to know about me.






7 comments:

  1. HeHe

    This should tell you where I need to return to. Shoot me now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so curious to know who you're quoting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But where did you get the bread pudding?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PA: The brave, the brazen-
    P: My son.
    M: Little Flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What, those Manhattans aren't vegan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you're an author? Guess what I don't have: enuf time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! I'm a vegan after all, as long as I stick to a liquid diet--CP: I'll have to satisfied that you have time to read our humble blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete