Monday, October 12, 2009

Favorite Things



Very few recipes make everyone in my family happy. But when I watched Mark Strausman cook with Martha Stewart a simple tomato sauce and a zowie chicken parmesan, I had to track it down . Now it's a family favorite. The only way I tweak it is instead of full chicken breasts, which to me cook unevenly and dry out easily, I slice them lengthwise, getting two or more thin cutlets, without having to pound them. Then I follow the recipe word by word. The combination of tomato sauce, crisp breading, melted mozzarella is one of my very favorite things.

Here is the recipe for the chicken. For the sauce click
here.

10 comments:

  1. Yummy, yummy. Even my discriminating eaters may -- if not approve -- at least not complain so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, sounds delicious, but lots of work. Wonder how much I'd have to pay myself to fix this. (Me mum used to fix chicken parmesan and 'twas one of my favorite meals.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the kind of food I go to a restaurant for. I'm willing to pay someone else to do all that work.

    My mouth waters at the thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P, a good idea. You and I should pitch in a buck for KB to prepare this for us! Now, she doesn't even have to pay herself!

    PS: We should also pitch in an extra buck each for delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CO: Heck, for $2 I'd happily have some one else make this--P and AH: You're right, definitely a many-stepped affair. I make pots and pots of the tomato sauce and freeze it. M:
    And if you want to avoid carbs, don't bother breading it--still delicious--

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never avoid carbs. I walk right up and confront them -- even in a dark alley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not that time-consuming if you use jarred sauce (the horrors!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, Karen, outsourcing sauce, a very clever idea! AH: Bring 'em on, we can take 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CIAO DESIREEEEEEEEE! It's saturday I go into blogspot, ready to watch and smell your posts. And this recipe is so .......ahhhhhhh! I like very much it. So tasty.

    ReplyDelete