Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In honor of the Easter Bunny



Easter means this and Easter means that, but I cling to foil wrapped memories:

1) As a little girl I awoke, with my sister to what was a frosted gingerbread bunny as tall as the two of us.
2) Surprising a sick friend with an Easter basket of peeps and chocolate and candies.
3) My children tumbling out of bed, discovering their baskets, and leaving a trail of wrappers as they headed outside to sit in the sunshine, savoring their chocolates.

Patience
Bobbie Katz


Chocolate Easter bunny
In a jelly bean nest,
I'm saving you for very last
Because I love you best.
I'll only take a nibble
From the tip of your ear
And one bite from the other side
So that you won't look weird.
Yum, you're so delicious!
I didn't mean to eat
Your chocolate tail till Tuesday.
Ooops! There go your feet!
I wonder how your back tastes
With all that chocolate hair.
I never thought your tummy
Was only filled with air!
Chocolate Easter bunny
In a jelly bean nest,
I'm saving you for very last
Because I love you best.

Knock Knock jokes


Knock knock
Who's there?
Ether
Ether who?
Ether bunny


Knock knock
Who's there?
Samoa
Samoa who?
Samoa Ether bunnies.


Knock knock
Who's there?!
Consumption
Consumption who?
Consumption be done about all these Ether bunnies?!?!



How about you? Easter food, Easter memories, Passover knock knock jokes? I'm always looking to expand my repertoire.

5 comments:

  1. Even a chocolate Cat would be appetizing to this dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet memories, sweet poem, and knock knock jokes! The perfect blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have bought peeps when I was out today. I crave them at this time of year like I crave candy corn at Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What could be more beautiful than coloring eggs with two adorable little girls? Maga

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have my Halloween candy corn! Uh oh, time to clean house

    ReplyDelete