Friday, December 4, 2009

Drinks to Decorate by--



For many years getting the Christmas tree up and lit in one day was my obsession and expectation. You can fill in the timetable yourselves, but inevitably it all ended in tears. A year or so back it occurred to me that I could stretch this activity out over the weekend! One day to find the tree, the tree stand, and its illuminated better bits, the other day to hang the decorations and hide the storage containers. Two days. And instead of tears it now ends with one of the following:

Mexican hot chocolate
or a
Tom and Jerry
The mixture of rum, brandy, frothy milk and sugar, is now a warm, sweet way to end the evening. A couple of those easily explain the gaps in the tree lighting. I found the Tom and Jerry recipe in Saveur magazine, where everything is luxe, calme and volupte.

News flash: not quite ready for Christmas? Still pining for the angst of autumn? Check out my latest story here.

9 comments:

  1. A mix of rum AND brandy? Oh lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not ready. I don't know if I'll ever be ready this year.

    So I read your story instead and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Petrea. Yes, AH, killer combo--but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas...
    Can't contribute to the drinks part of the conversation... I'm underage. :\ But still... I love Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! And the Mexican hot chocolate is without alcohol--so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, dear today we will make the tree and the presepe (nativity) and I will take a Mexican hot chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you found Ibarra chocolate in Sutri!

    ReplyDelete